Live Masterclass | Next Phase Workplace
Time & Location
About the Course
The Next Phase Workplace
The Hybrid Workplace Where Digital Meets Physical | Optimizing for Safety, Productivity & Collaboration
The global pandemic has disrupted the way that workplaces operate on account lockdowns and social distancing measures. As companies make decisions around the future of their office environments, the decisions that they make today in response to the immediate need will have lasting ramifications. This Masterclass brings together leading industry experts to examine the purpose of office as hubs for creation, communication and collaboration, while examining strategies for a safe and productive hybrid work-from office and from-from-office strategy that will serve company culture in the long run.
Download the full syllabus here.
Who This Course is For
Professionals ffrom real estate, technology and human resources would benefit greatly from taking this course. In addition architects, interior designers, workplace designers workplace operations, facilities managers, change managers, PropTech entrepreneurs, managers, team leaders, executives, investors and others would benefit from learning about the content contained in the course to understand not only how the issues affect them but to identify opportunities for their businesses.
While the content focusses on New York and the US, the course is intended for industry professionals from the across the globe.
- Kay Sargent, Senior Principal and Director of Workplace at HOK (New York)
- Kate Lister, President at Global Workplace Analytics (San Diego)
- Rene van der Vlugt, ex-Business & Digital Transformation Lead at Microsoft, and CEO at WRKPLC (The Netherlands)
- Christine Roest, Co-Author, Workplace Decoded and Founde at Interlinx (The Netherlands)
- Jonathan McFarlane, Co-Founder at PlaceOS (New York / Melbourne)
- Nikki Greenberg, Founder, Real Estate of the Future (New York)
Objectives & Outcomes
- Understand the ‘bridge’ between return-to-work and the future of work
- Learn to think strategically about where you want your organization to go and how you are going to get there during this transition period
- Gain expert insights on redesigning your workplaces and processes to be practical and preferable to working from home
- Understand how your workplace can be a hybrid between in-office and work-from-anywhere
- Gain insights on the technologies available and how to set up a successful framework that considers high-tech, low-tech and no-tech solutions
- Module 1: The new workplace in the immediate safe return-to-work following best-practice guidelines by Nikki Greenberg
- Module 2: Case study of Microsoft's Amsterdam Headquaters where flexible design, flex space and remote work is part of its DNA by Rene van der Vlugt (ex-Microsoft) and Christine Roest,(Workplace Decoded)
- Module 3: The New Next Workplace: Actionable insights and case-studies from HOK’s Workplace Practice on how companies can look to create hybrid work-from-office and work-from-anywhere workplaces which promote safe, productive, and collaborative environments for optimal team performance by Kay Sargent, (HOK)
- Module 4: Insights on what teh pandemic will mean for the future of work and the role of telecommuting by Kate Lister (Global Workplace Analytics)
- Module 5: Implementing touchless technology in the workplace environment and how to design a plan for technology to facilitiate better communications and operations by Jonathan McFarlane, (PlaceOS)
The Live Course is designed to be interactive amongst attendees and lecturers. The course will open with a 'cameras on' introduction to all course participants where they can outline their reasons for attending the course and the challenge they are looking to solve.
This course will be delivered live online using a video conferencing platform. Each module will consist of a lecture followed by an interactive tutorial where student can ask questions of the lecturers and discuss the topic.
Following the last lecture, attendees are invited to stay on the platform to continue the discussion with their peers.
Half day. Breaks will be provided between modules.
Resources & Readings
Attendees will be provided the reading list prior to commencement of the course.
Homework & Assignments
There is no homework or assignments for this course. Attendees are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the resources and readings.
Attendees who attend the full course will be provided a Certificate of Completion.
While the content of this course is delivered in good faith, the course provides general advise and both course creator and course lecturers take no responsibility for the accuracy of its content, especially as it pertains to safety. We strongly advise that you attain independent professional advice. The course will be recorded and we ask that you do not disclose sensitive or confidential information. If you do not want to be recorded, contact email@example.com
- Early Bird -Limited Time Offer$180+$4.50 Service fee$180+$4.50 Service fee0$0
- Live Masterclass$375+$9.38 Service fee$375+$9.38 Service fee0$0